Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sleeping In

So today was a very lazy Sunday. I slept until 10 a.m. and woke up alone in the apartment, since Erika and Bethany slept over at the six-person apartment after going out last night.

I didn't know this until I woke up and found myself alone, but I was able to locate them by sending a few Facebook messages. I spent the next hour or two alone on Facebook and reading "Every Day In Tuscany," a book I brought with me by Frances Mayes, the author of "Under the Tuscan Sun."

Once le Ragazze di Aprile were reunited, we made mozzarella, spinaci e pomodori paninis on our George Foreman panini press and cafe Americano in our espresso maker (because we have both of those things - I can feel your jealousy) for lunch.

We spent the rest of the day lounging around the house until I went to the four-girl apartment for spaghetti dinner with Lydia and Caitlin. It was a brief but relaxing evening hanging out and learning a new card game from Lydia (Dutch Blitz; similar to double solitaire; lots of fun, even though Lydia crushed me).

I got home just in time for my 8 p.m. Skype date with the one and only Mike Cooknick (Oh my god Mike Cooknick the Mike Cooknick I know him!). And just got off Skype with him and my mom. It was so good to see them, even though we realized there wasn't much to talk about because of the blog (although we must have found something to discuss since we talked for two hours).

Anyhow, now it's time for a few more cookies (we found chocolate chip cookies at the 99 Cent store that are actually really good) and maybe a little reading before bed. Tomorrow is the first day of classes and I have Italian at 10:45. Luckily, it's not a super early day, but it will be early enough.

So buona notte, amici! And I will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment