Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome To Filthadelphia

There is a rat in this airport.

Just when we got up to find lunch, someone spotted a rat (okay, a mouse) and we watched it scamper around under the seats in the terminal across the hall from us for a few minutes, before picking up all of our things and heading to Au Bon Pain for sandwiches.

Now we've eaten and are back in our seats, and the rat seems to be gone, but it was still not the first thing we wanted to see starting out our trip.

Other than that, things are going well. My peanut butter was confiscated in security at Pittsburgh, so I'm not too happy about that. The guard running the x-ray machine thought I had candles in my backpack, so he called some woman to come search it. She took my two jars of Jiff and returned them to my parents waiting landside. It's a sad way to start this trip.

Caitlin, Maria and I boarded our flight in Pittsburgh at 9:05 this morning (after I woke up at 4:30 and Maria and I got to the airport at 7 a.m.) and arrived in Philly around 9:40, where we met Lauren. EXCELLENT timing, considering our scheduled arrival time was 10:25.

Now we're just waiting, trying to pass the time until the rest of our group gets here. Their flight was scheduled to leave Ohio around noon, so - assuming they're on time - we should see them in about an hour and a half, I think.

There's not much to do, of course. There is only a handful of other passengers now, mostly from a group speaking German. None of us could get on the Internet before 11 a.m., but now we're all wired in. I tweeted that I would be flying to Frankfurt today and within minutes, the Frankfurt Airport tweeted back at me.


Thanks, Frankfurt! That's not creepy at all.

...

I don't know when my next chance to get online will be after we leave Philly, so this may be my sign-off until Florence.

Wish me luck! I love you all and will talk later, assuming the rats don't get me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment