Friday, August 7, 2015

Blan! Blan!

We just returned from the soccer field. It's about a five-minute walk down the road, next to the school. Paige and I watched the littlest kids while everyone else played soccer or Frisbee.

A few kids we haven't seen at church came out to play too. At one point, I heard a little voice calling "Blan! Blan!" (meaning a white person and/or foreigner) and turned around to see two little girls with beads in their hair pointing at me and Paige. As soon as I looked, they fell on the ground laughing, so I played peek-a-boo with them for a bit. They kept shrieking with laughter and falling all over each other, but when we tried to get them to come closer to play with us, they didn't get any closer.

Before soccer, I talked with Julien for awhile about his paintings. He's graduating from college in December and wants to go to start selling his art in the States. I bought one painting from him and tried to barter with him like Jeff instructed, but he kept agreeing to every price I suggested. I guess I would do better to try bartering at the market rather than at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment