Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Somewhere Over Florida

There's a dog on the airplane.

It's only a little one. We just noticed him now - about 45 minutes into our flight - so he is either very well-behaved or very well-drugged.

Our merry group of ten met at 4 a.m. at St. Paul's United Methodist Church. From there, Tami and Faith drove us (on the St. Paul's short bus) to Pittsburgh International Airport to see us off.

So far, we've made it from Pittsburgh to Atlanta with no hiccups (knock on wood)! We should land in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, around 2:30.

One of the stewards is singing "Talking Body" as he distributes the in-flight snacks and drinks. Both stewards are very animated. When I boarded the plane, Tove Lo over here asked why I was going to Haiti.

"To play with kids and bring instruments to a church," was basically my answer. "We're a mission team."

He kind of rolled his eyes at that one. "Okay." He probably deals with a lot of "mission teams."

I had a bad summer cold all last week, which is why I didn't post a going-away blog before leaving Pittsburgh. I was really worried about being sick on the trip, but my doctor okayed me to fly and today I feel great. This canned airplane air is really clearing my sinuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment